Some kind of Curriculum:
I was born. Not bad...
- 1979-1989 "Chto zhe vi mne srazu ne skazali, chto eto volynka na 10 let?"
- 1984 I became interested in astronomy (thanks to books)
- 1986 June. For the first time I was in the Observatory (Crimea)
- 1987 New school- new friends (later on I worked partly in that
school since 1993 till 2002)
- 1989 At last!
The University - my dream!
Our wonderful group
- 1989-1995 Moscow State University. Very pleasant years. I realy like it!
- 1993 Spring. My first
scientific publication. Now I have more than 100.
- 1993 September. I began to teach astronomy at the high-school
- 1994 My first conferences: workshop at Ioffe institute and COSMION.
- 1994 September. I started my real work at school:
physics and astronomy in senior classes
- 1995 January. Well. Everything comes to the end...
But now I am a post-grad student.
- 1995 October. Greece! There is everything there!
My first conference abroad.
- 1996 March. Soros's fellowship for post-grads for the first time
- 1996 My first article was accepted by ApJ. Should I say more...
- 1998 Winter. PhD!!! At last... So, what have we to do now?
- 1998 March. Now I officially work (full time)
at the Relativistic Astrophysics Department of the
Institute. All student years are gone ...
- 1998 April. Soros postgrad studentship for the third (the last) time
- 1999 January. Three week in Milan. Working hard at the Universita degli
- 2000 March-July. Italy: Milano, Padova, Trento etc.
A lot of work and fun!
- 2000 September 22. Just
- 2001 October-November. Again Italy (Como, Milano,...)
- 2002 April-June. Another longterm visit to Italy (Milano, Padova,...)
- 2002 I've got 2-year Postdoc at the
University of Padua
- 2002/2003 Different
diploma for popularizing science
- 2003 Spring. I am
into the first list of ten prominent russian
young scientists by the magazine
"What is new in science and technology".
- 2003 July. Our
review is published as a separate volume of
- 2004. We graduated from the school
15 years ago!!! We are getting
- 2004 October. Back home ....
- 2005 March. Dynasty Foundation fellowship
- 2005 April. "Person of the year in Russian astronomical Internet"
according to AstroTop project
- 2005 May. Won the fellowship of Cariplo Foundation (Centro Volta,
- 2006 December. Prize for young scientists of the Moscow State
- 2007 January. INTAS Fellowship.
- 2007 March. I started to work in the
President Coordinating Counsel of young scientists and teachers
- 2007 April. My first very small popular science book is published (in
Russian, co-author M.E. Prokhorov).
- 2007 Novermber. Our review is published in the main russian review
journal in physics - "Physics Uspekhi"
- 2007 September-December. Long visit to Italy (Trento, Cagliari) with the INTAS
- 2008 February-May. My first course of lectures at the Moscow State.
- 2008 April. I am senior researcher now :)
- 2008 April. I started to work for the newspaper
- 2008 October-Decembee. Long visit to Padua with the INTAS grant
- 2009 October-December. Visiting professor at the University of Cagliari
- 2010 January. Prize for young scientists of the Moscow State
- 2011 September. Final presentation of the
dissertation for the Doctor
of Science degree (habilitation analogue)
- 2011 October - December. Visiting scientist at the University of Padova.
- 2012 June. Now I am a leading researcher at SAI and a member of the
Scientific council of the institute.
- 2013 >1000 citations according to scholar.google
- 2014 March-April 1 month visit to Galileo Galilei Institute (Florence)
- 2014 July My 100th e-print in the arXiv
- 2014 October Visiting professor in Yaroslavl
- 2014 For the first time >100 citations in a year (according to
- 2015 Short-listed for the national prize "For fidelity to science" as
the best science popularizer (the
2nd at the end)
- 2015 Dynasty Foundation fellowship for young Doctors of Science
- 2015 >1000 citations according to NASA ADS
- 2015 October Our movie Waiting for waves and particles
appeared and got the media-jury prize at a film festival
- 2015 October-November One month visit to the University of Padua
- 2015 November My popular science book Superobjects is
published (in Russian)
- 2015 December I got the title "academic professor"
- 2016 February Got the prize as the person of the year in popular
- 2017 My large popular-science book is published in Alpina Non-fiction
- 2018 Professor at the Higher School of Economics, Moscow.